The Easiest, Cheapest, Yummiest Vegan Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package baby spinach
- 13.5 ounces canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 lime
- cooked rice
Add coconut oil to a deep pan over medium-high heat.
Add onions, tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the pan, and stir. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tomatoes release juices and onions soften, about 10 minutes.
Stir in chickpeas, garlic, curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper until combined. Add spinach, coconut milk, and flour, and stir again. Bring the curry to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Remove curry from heat, top with lime juice, and serve over rice.